WHAT WE BELIEVE
We live by our convictions, the core values that make us who we are. The Bible is our guide to life, not only because it is good, but because it is true.
1. There is one God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
2. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God; we believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His victorious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His constant
intercession and in His imminent return
3. In the person and work of the Holy Spirit with His fruits and gifts available in the Church.
4. The Bible is the living word of God. It is infallible, authoritative and everlasting and is the foundation of all Christian doctrine.
5. In the existence of an evil spiritual being known as the devil.
6. In the spiritually lost condition of all people and the essential need for the new birth by faith in Jesus Christ.
7. In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as a gift available to believers subsequent to the new birth, with normal evidence of speaking in other tongues
8. In the sacraments of the Lords Supper and baptism by full immersion in water for all believers.
9. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting separation from God.
10. In the church being the body of Christ, and each member being an active part of a local church, fulfilling the Great Commission.
11. Marriage was instituted by God, ratified by Jesus, and is exclusively between a man and a woman. It is a picture of Christ and his church.
12. Sex is a gift from God for procreation and unity, and it is only appropriate within and designed for marriage.
Brenden grew up in Sydney NSW, in a great family.
An avid rugby player, Brenden was selected for NSW Waratahs in 1996. Life was on track for Brenden. Not long after this selection he was blindsided by a knee injury while playing a pre-season trial match that required knee reconstruction surgery.
On that fateful day a devastated young Brenden felt his dreams literally shatter. Recalling that moment, armed only with a small knowledge of the Christian faith, he felt God come into his world filling it with peace and confidence. Ironically when he should have been completely broken, he realised in that moment that God had a different plan for his life, a plan that was so much better and greater than his.
The following year he signed up for full time Bible College where he found himself surrounded by faith-filled people. Brenden was transformed and challenged during that time at College. And it as at Bible College he meant the most wonderful women in the world, Anna.
Anna grew up on the West Coast of North Island of New Zealand in a strong Christian family. Born while her family were living on Christian Camp site. Surrounded by five brothers and she grew up in Church every week on Sunday. Accepting Christ at a young age herself and leading her young three-year-old brother to the Lord she was always passionate and connected to Jesus during her childhood and teenage years.
After College, (high school) Anna enrolled into Palmerston North College of Education where she trained to become a Primary School teacher- majoring in English and Music. Teaching for three years at a local Primary School she felt the call to train as a counsellor seeing an ad in a Christian magazine to enrol at MTC (Ministry Training College) at Oxford Falls Christian City Church (now known as C3 Oxford Falls).
Enrolling for the course she was instructed to do a pre-requisite course of Christian Ministry. Moving to Sydney Australia, alone and with no contacts or family, she began her first year of Bible College in 1998.
Anna and Brenden met while attending Bible College at C3 Church Oxford Falls in 1998. Since marrying in 2000 they’ve had four beautiful children – Jonah, Samson, Josie and Phoebe. They have been members, leaders and pastors in the C3 Church Movement for over two decades.
In 2007 a job opportunity arose to move to Cairns, Far North Queensland and they felt strongly to accept. What transpired from those events has lead to the planting of C3 Church Cairns in March of 2010 and the beginning of a great adventure.
Brenden and Anna are passionate about leading people into their BEST LIFE, and that happens when we align ourselves with Jesus.
They believe that the House of God should be alive and powerful.